Tuesday 15 May 2007

Dorothy, You Have Two New Uncles and Another Aunt

Finally, a letter from my little brother Roberto. It's real - I really am the oldest of six! His wife Lauren had been writing to me before. It seems they live in Wales and are in the process of selling up and buying a pub in France.

The oldest of those three, my sister Cherie, lives in Torquay and my other brother Mykel, lives and always has lived where I was born, in Paignton. They are all happy to be in touch with me. This is the brother whose name and address Romy uncovered in her researches.

Roberto tells me that my papa gave up his career to look after the children.(There must be another story here). He also did a bit of work as an ornamental plasterer for a film set, makings some concrete steps look like marble, and also had a bit part playing the trumpet in the film 'Isadora'. He was, as my mother had told me, a very talented musician.

Having been absolutely terrified of identity fraud, and not having these new relatives, I have gone through a huge rollercoaster of emotions, but now realise that in fact I can be happy again that they do actually exist - have always wanted to belong to a 'tribe'.

I shall reply to Roberto, and get in touch with the other two. I would really love to meet them all. If we didn't get on it would not matter as we all have our own lives but if we did, so much the better. After the worries of the past couple of days, I now feel happy and excited again.

No comments: