Monday 28 May 2007

Men, Shopping and Malvolio the Destroyer


According to a TV survey, most women fancy Brad Pitt. Which shows how out of touch I am. To me, he looks like someone's kid brother. However, I realise that I have odd tastes in men - ?Saddam Hussein???? My eyesight has never been very good. I hasten to add that these tastes have not been based on personality - just looks.

Conspicuous consumption again. Today I ordered a folding jewellery case which is supposed to stop the jewels from tarnishing. It has lots of little compartments for everything and can hang from a door. It also has an integral mirror AND a small travel case. Missed the leopardskin one! but consoled myself with a turquoise one. At the same time I ordered some things which you fasten to the fastener of a bracelet and necklace and this in turn fastens magnetically, so you don't have to spend hours putting necklaces on. Quite handy, hopefully.

My cat Malvolio has been looking crossly out of the catflap. It has been pouring with rain solidly for the second day and he is reluctant to get wet, but keen to observe/hunt the fledglings outside. He is definitely becoming stir-crazy - pacing around the place and stropping his claws on the sofa arm, which cost £450 to cover just over a year ago, and now has bits of stuffing coming out of it. Having ruined the front of the arm, he is now moving to virgin territory on the side of the sofa.

No comments: