Sunday 20 May 2007

Johnny Will Be Shirley Bassey - and More!

It's a tragedy - Julian will be in Barcelona when my friend Johnny's cabaret show is on so I shan't be able to go and do his makeup and see the show.

Johnny tells me the white slinky dress looks marvellous - he had it made especially, and apparently the dressmaker has also made him a leotard for another act. He assures me that he is able to walk in his 'bling' high heeled sandals, size 9 from the Littlewood catalogue - so much so that he forgot he was wearing them when he answered the door to the postman yesterday.

He will send me a video of the show. All 120 seats sold in less than an hour, which is a good start. I really feel I will be missing something here - the sight of a 68 year old 6ft 5" man in bling sandals, a sexy white slinky dress with flowers stuck all over, a black wig and suntan makeup would be a sight for sore eyes even if he couldn't sing, act or mime - and I'm sure he will do all three to the limit.

He has met some nice new straight friends, an elderly married couple who adore him and are always inviting him to tea and dinner. I am very pleased to hear this, as he has always been popular with the ladies!

No comments: