Friday 4 May 2007

Cat Problems, Lost Shoes and Future Holidays

I had the back door open, overcooking some sausages, when a strange cat appeared, crying for food. It was a very attractive silver tabby, with large ears, green eyes and some white markings, looking young and a little underfed. I shooed it away and I think it was an entire male, which could be a problem as it is obviously the cat which has been terrifying my poor old diabetic neutered male for a while. I shall have to ask around and try and find out who owns it.

I have now lost a pair of Dr. Scholl-like gold summer sandals I bought last year. I have looked all over the place and am sure I have not thrown them away. They are particularly useful as they are designed to cradle the foot while looking fashionable in the summer. They will be very useful if I ever find them.

My son has a nasty cold after his holiday. I am sure that air travel causes all these infections. Since we are hoping to sell our flat abroad, I shall have to try and find somewhere in England or UK for my holidays. Without a car, Devon is hopeless, but otherwise would have been my first choice. I shall probably have to just settle for the south coast - Eastbourne is quite pleasant, if not very countrified. If the weather is bad there is plenty to do.

I am cooking some rhubarb with sugar, a tiny bit of water, and a teaspoon of dried ginger. I think it might be better with fresh ginger, but there's none in the house.

No comments: