Saturday 12 May 2007

Ice Cream and Long Lost Relatives

I have made some ice cream and it's in the freezer. Bought a square white plate to snap it on when it is finished and there is a bit of sun, and some bits of garnish. Have managed to make that kind of cheese lace stuff by melting grated cheese.

In between had a message from someone on Genes Reunited who thinks he is related to me via my father. Nothing further, but I have told him the little I know and hopefully, he will come back and I can find out precisely how we are related. He is a bit cagey and won't show me his family tree because his wife's family are on this and he doesn't know that I am not a nutter, though that might be open to question according to some of my friends and relations.

I have just had a reply from Genes Reunited. From the wife of the guy who is related to me. She says he is working tonight so has asked her to reply. She says he is the youngest of three and is my father's son, i.e. my half brother and is about 48, i.e. much younger than me. So I could possibly have three more half brothers and sisters from my father's side. Amazing to discover this at my age. I shall keep in touch and endeavour to find out more about my father. Apparently he died when this son was only 15, presumably in 1972 or thereabouts, which would make him about 61 at the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems pretty obvious to me that this has all the hallmarks of a con job. Note how they contacted you first; you supplied information to them which they could use to do searches and concoct a plausible story (in the same way all the psychics work); they put you on the backfoot trying to persuade them that you are the genuine party. You seem to have completely invested in the belief that they are relatives. Be very careful - it looks like you are most likely being targeted by fraudsters.