Thursday 2 July 2009

Dorothy's Birthday, Sulky Kooky and Summer Holidays

Julian came around last night and did some major improvements in the garden, hoping for some fine weather for a barbecue on Sunday.

It is Dorothy's birthday today. A few years since being born in the cottage hospital in Chipping Norton, when we were living in Yew Tree Cottage, at Chilson, near Charlbury. I've booked a table for dinner tonight to celebrate.

Kooky is sulking because I have mislaid his drugs yet again. I must try and find them.

It has been a very hot couple of days, but it is expected to cool down over the next week, but it has been good having a bit of summer.

Romy is taking the punters to Eastbourne next week and has a helper with her. I hope the weather is OK. I shall be going to Hayling Island at the end of August for a week. We are hoping to stay at the Grand in Torquay again next year. I am quite keen on that place, with its faded grandeur and fabulous sea views.

No comments: