Saturday 6 October 2007

Blog Sleep, Breakfast and Home Dreams

No further word from Beaumont. Perhaps the blog worked.

The shopping has arrived and I have just noticed I ordered two lots of loo paper, I am inclined to press a button on the computer, and when a different brand comes up I forget I have already ordered it. Never mind, it'll just last longer. I have also ordered stuff which needs to be consumed quickly, such as fresh dressed crab and some scallops. May try the scallops with some bacon tonight. Had a lovely breakfast of three bits of Black Forest Ham and a couple of fried eggs with a small bit of Irish soda bread and a cup of tea, so feel very ready for the day.

They do quite a nice latte at the shopping centre in the open bit upstairs, so may well buy a home interiors mag and indulge myself. I have had so many ideas about my sitting room: the traditional with a red chesterfield and old gateleg tables etc., the modern, which would either mean an IKEA white leather sofa such as the Arild, or a black chesterfield or the Fantasy or Salsa ones from Ilva. I would have a problem buying from Ilva as they are somewhere in Essex.

I am moving towards a black and white look with the light oak floor and beige curtains I already have. I am very tempted by the Docksta round white table but the diameter may be too large for my tiny room. We shall see.

Mind you, I was looking at Ebay last night and was slightly tempted by an Ercol day bed and extendable table and chairs. I could cover the day bed in some Lucienne Day fabric from the fifties and get some fifties and sixties bits and pieces.

The black and white option has been further looked into though, and I do rather covet the Habitat Spindle floor light in white or black. I shall not bother to make the final decision until the room has been painted and the floor has been done.

No comments: