Friday 26 October 2007

IKEA Hell

Just spent another exhausting day in IKEA - much worse than last time because it was half term. Could not get near the cafe at lunchtime so went downstairs for a snack. However, I managed to buy the sofa and stool with spare covers, 0n order due to arrive in a couple of weeks, and four chairs and two cupboards, due for delivery tomorrow. Got back in a cab just before 5pm having set of at 10.15. I may yet buy a nice cheap square table, but will do a bit more research first. Then there will need to be a coffee table, will have to get the curtains shortened, and the lamps rewired somehow, though no one seems to do it. I shall ask some antique dealers what they do as I am sure people do not throw out valuable antique lamps.

Found a message on the phone from the wood people who say they do the edging I was looking for, so have left a message to say I would like some of this. Maybe they will email to say when it is coming or I will give them a ring on Monday. Malvolio is not fond of meatballs. I tried giving him one as a treat, but he left it.

Passed a handpainted sign on the bus offering 'DJ to rent' - I think 'hire' might have sounded better. But who knows?

No comments: