Wednesday 3 October 2007

Nice Food, Boring Wait and Family Rumours

Now 2pm and since the parcelforce people asked me to get in touch within the next five days AS WELL as saying don't get in touch they will deliver today. I have just spent about 20 minutes pressing buttons on the phone trying unsuccessfully to contact them. I am rapidly losing the will to live over their non delivery.

By mistake I left the gas under the soup on low for about 20 minutes. This has produced a rich and tasty soup/stew, even if the prawns have shrunk to large shrimp size. Had two helpings, it was so good. Marco would definitely have disapproved of the overcooking of the fish and prawns. My only judgement about food is that it should taste OK, and preferably not look too vile.

Madeleine has emailed me and offered to get in touch with ITV for me, which I have gratefully accepted. She has also had some contact with relatives in South Africa who have a rather romanticised version of my ex husband's history, involving his being the youngest ever professor of English at Oxford (he did a degree in Modern Languages there) and tutoring the children of the Saudi royal family (taught at Uni there). Real life is always duller than rumour and gossip. I think I shall put it about that in my youth I ran away to Pakistan with a famous cricketer. I think it's been done though. Oh well.

No comments: