Wednesday 10 October 2007

Dorothy, Julian and Melvina

At last some contact with Dorothy who has belatedly reported the mobile theft to the police but argues that since the form did not arrive before and the mobile company did not say this needed to be done within 24 hours all should be OK. We shall see.

Dorothy and Julian are coming around tonight to help move the last stuff out of the sitting room in preparation for the painter who threatens to turn up at 8am tomorrow. The paint is being sent directly here tomorrow morning, as well as my Parcelforce parcel, supposedly. i am destined to be either at work or trapped in the flat. I still haven't been able to collect my coat from the shopping centre where the sleeves were being shortened.

I have taken to being very lazy and having breakfast in bed while watching the morning TV, the downside being Malvolio who keeps trying to steal my breakfast.

I am still agonising about furniture. No one else seems to like the Ercol daybed. The ones I am watching on Ebay are shooting up to quite high prices, too.

Went into work today. Next to me on the bus was a little old man who said he did entertainment on Sunday at a local pub, The Town House. He confided that he had been a female impersonator all his life, said his name was Melvin/Melvina, and showed me some snaps of him as 'a lady' and some as a Teddy Boy in his youth. He said he was 77 and he hoped I would come and see the show. Strong coffee when I arrived at work.

No comments: