Friday 26 October 2007

Madeleine, Sunday Lunch and Furniture

ITV have finally coughed up what they owed me. Tried to contact Madeleine but she was out. Was going to suggest Sunday lunch at Simpsons or somewhere of her choice to spend our hard earned dosh. Perhaps she will ring me back.

At IKEA, I found that I could eventually get some guys to pick up all my purchases as I could not even lift them onto the trolley. I managed to sort out the money bit pushing two large trolleys, then took them both to the delivery desk. The stuff should arrive tomorrow. I shall leave it all packed up and downstairs out of the way until the floor has been finished. There will be a huge assembly effort afterwards. I am wondering if there is a special firm of people who can put it all together. It took Dorothy hours to reassemble the garden furniture after my pathetic efforts and I have heard that there are people who you can pay to do this. Must Google it.

I will be stuck in all day tomorrow waiting for the delivery, but you never know, it might come at 8am, more likely 7pm if it comes at all. I told them to use a small van as the street is narrow. I hope there won't be a repeat of the time they came with my kitchen furniture, then drove it away again because of the size of the street. Only IKEA do this - huge furniture removal vans, John Lewis vans etc have no problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a thread about people who assemble IKEA furniture on the SE1 forum a while ago: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/71283/71283#msg-71283