Friday 5 October 2007

HK, Weird Name and Boring Domesticity

No word from the Hell that is ITV.

An old friend rang and I told her of my vile experience. She thinks the whole thing was illegal and I should see a lawyer or 'report' it. Not sure where!

She asked about my new-found family and when she discovered my name had originally been Weed, she became more and more hysterical with laughter on the phone and said 'Wait until Chris hears about this - he'll fall about!' ( Chris being her husband). Now I know that Weed is probably not the most exciting name, but I have to say I have not found it that funny. Nor has anyone else I know. It was changed apparently by Deed Poll when I was very young. I have always just thought it odd. My new found family have obviously not been bothered by it and have always kept the family name. I am now wondering if my friend was drunk. Apparently her maiden name was Rose, and she seemed to think that was funny too. I just don't get it. Ah well.

I took a new coat to get the sleeves shortened in the shopping centre. It will be ready by late on Tuesday afternoon.

Julian rang to say a bathroom fitter had been to have a look before giving them an estimate. Their bathroom really does need sorting out.

Van Man is supposedly coming on Monday afternoon or evening to have a look at my removal problem. Meanwhile Malvolio must be hungry as he is mountaineering all over my kitchen tops in an attempt to get at my laptop and walk over it. Better go and feed him

No comments: