Monday 8 October 2007

Oud and Weed

The Oud I ordered was from a strange mail order company who sent me a miniature catalogue with lots of weird stuff in. Some of this was v. naff, like coloured scent bottles with bits of silver art nouveau on the outside, flowery note pads etc., but some quite interesting to me, like giant replicas of threepenny and sixpenny pieces made into money boxes or could be used as paper weights. They are embossed on both sizes , so I bought a couple of each which will make jolly little presents or raffle prizes. The order won't arrive for a while as a couple of the things have apparently been incredibly successful and they are sending everything together.

The penny has just belatedly dropped about the hilarity caused by the name Weed. It seems there was a childrens TV programme aired when I lived abroad about flowerpot men with a character who was a weed, with a little weedy voice.

No comments: