Monday 22 October 2007

Light Bulb Changing and Daybed Trying

With some difficulty I changed the light bulb on the landing. As I was removing the used long life bulb it broke and cut my thumb. I am sure the glass in the new bulbs is much thinner. The good thing is I was able to stand on my new black stool thingy without having to get the ladder out. Since i have lights missing all over the place I may get more adventurous. The only drawback being that the general filth will be brightly illuminated.

Went to Hampstead Road to try the Barcelona daybed. It was comfortable and smart. However I did notice a few stitches loose on the cover which was made 'in the Far East' and somehow this was enough to put me off. I shall I think purchase the IKEA chaise longue with the footstool and with extra covers in a sand colour. Even if it is rather large and shapeless and looks like a huge blob in the room. Like me I suppose. Good thing there's not much furniture going in.

No comments: