Thursday 18 October 2007

Painted Shoe and IKEA

IKEA nightmare of a day today. I started badly by going into the newly painted sitting room to measure things. Wearing a new pair of shoes I trod on a rubbish bag left behind by the painter, which burst and white paint poured all over the shoe and onto the floor. Spent ages getting the paint off the shoe. I haven't even bothered to look at the floor.

I got the 468 to Croydon then caught the Wimbledon tram to IKEA. Set off at 10am and arrived at 11.45am. Had some coffee. I then tried lots of sofas, looked at tables and chairs and storage before a short lunch. Then more of the same, culminating in buying a few things for me, Dorothy and Julian in the kitchen shop. Unfortunately the most comfortable sofa comes in a distinctly off-white colour, but the other colours are all vile, so needs must. IF I buy it I will also buy another spare cover in a beigey fake suede as well for when I am having the white thing dry cleaned. Also purchased some very nice white curtains for only £25 - fortunately machine washable. I saw a lovely wire candle chandelier and bought it for the ceiling centre, when I establish where this is so that I can put a screw in to hold it. I made a note of a few possible tables and chairs, too.

No comments: