Monday 1 October 2007

Not Much Luck with Quotes But More with Souffle

The first guy turned up to quote for painting my living room. My problem was that he wanted to start straight away between jobs not giving me time to get the stuff out of the room and had hurt his knee. I don't think he could have managed to help much so that's about it. The afternoon guy quoting has not turned up yet. To complicate matters my daughter in law has offered to do the job for half price. I really need it done soon though as there is no point asking someone to quote for the floor until I am able to tell them to go ahead, which depends on the room being finished, the wood arriving, which takes ten days from the date of order, and the wood settling down ready for fixing. I shall see if the second guy turns up. I will be at work anyway for the next two days and therefore unable to do any more.

I managed to make some souffles quite easily by getting some frozen summer fruit from Tesco, adding a bit of blueberry jam, reducing it with some added sugar before adding a bit of cornflour and letting it cool. Then I whipped up six egg whites and some sugar before folding in the fruit mixture, and putting it in souffle dishes which were buttered and sugared and waiting in the fridge. Not straining the fruit gives it more interest and texture, if a little less refinement than Marco's version. Also the fruit mix adds interest.

No comments: