Saturday 27 October 2007

More Clearing Up Needed and Cold Front Coming

Have just found out there are lots of firms who assemble flat packs. Dorian thinks he might be able to rewire my lamps so will take them over to him. All I have to do now is get the wood out of the hall into the living room, and get all the bits left by IKEA down to the spare room. Fortunately they delivered at 11.30am. Then I have to clear the hall before the third week in November. I suppose I could have a go at taking the curtains up myself, ready for when they can be put up again.

Malvolio is pacing about again. This time it may be because he is hungry and I am cooking a couple of jars of goulasch with some meatballs and steaks added and it smells quite good. I am definitely getting into soup/stew mode. It is a bit chilly outside.

I bought a round drainer which just fits inside my sink. More to avoid what Julian calls 'the swamp' caused by having a bowl in the sink, which blocks the sink hole a bit, causing water to gather around it. Made worse by my habit of soaking dishes in soapy water before putting them in the dishwasher. Now the whole thing is elevated and probably much more hygienic as the bowl sits neatly on top of the drainer.

No comments: