Tuesday 9 October 2007

parcel,sofas and weird phone messages

trapped inside awaiting another parcel which Parcelforce said they would attempt to redeliver today. I doubt it, judging by their past performance. I shall also have to stay in on Friday awaiting delivery of yet another parcel. Fortunately it is pouring with rain outside. I have managed to dye a fitted sheets and the pillowshams in so-called Bahama blue which is very like turquoise and they are draped over my banister drying. I cannot do any more washing as every radiator, doorknob and hook in the house is festooned with washing as none can go outside.

I shall carry on transporting bits and pieces downstairs but realise I still have to dispose of masses of things. I am rather worried about having an entire IKEA look to my sitting room and moving toward a vintage Ercol daybed at the least. I shall take a sneaky peek at my neighbour's one as I feel it will fit in very well with a modern look, and they are incredibly well-made. I may get a different table, the Habitat round wood one is starting to appeal, though no inspiration for the chairs yet. Just seen a fabulous Danish afrormosia bedsofa with integral arms/coffee tables at the side by someone called Hvidt in the fifties on Ebay but think it would not get in the room. Pity.

I am now becoming very confused. Had a phone call purporting to be from British Telecom messages saying I had one message. Listening it was someone called XXX giving a change of telephone number so pressed three to delete it. I do hope it wasn't some awful scam from abroad which will cost me a fortune.

At least the parcel has come from Gudrun Sjoden with some teacloths etc in it. All very nice.

No comments: