Tuesday 20 November 2007

Baglady's Bedroom Needs Redecorating

Baglady Corner is becoming quite chic. Julian and Dorothy came around to fix a new loo roll holder in the bathroom and take some old furniture out for disposal. Julian also sneaked off and got rid of about three or four large rubbish bags I had managed to fill, so the flat is practically empty. After that we had some food delivered from Morley Tandoori, which was very nice, and thoughtfully, they provided some free beer with it.

However, my bedroom is still overstocked with books, various ornaments and one extra chair which is not really needed. The chair is quite a nice (I think) though repro one with arms but it will have to go. Dorothy thinks the curtain rail is a bit of a disaster, being a very skimpy affair from IKEA, and I did mention that I would prefer a white wooden one. I may also obtain a couple of tiny rugs and some new curtains from Gudrun Sjoden. Because of all the large brown furniture it does need brightening up a bit, and I may actually paint the cheap pine chest of drawers and a slightly art deco cupboard in turqoise, and go for a turquoise and red kind of look. Which could help. We shall see.

No comments: