Saturday 17 November 2007

Graffiti

It was a very cold day. I got no further than the Lye Torng. I have been clearing up a lot of old clothes etc and bagging them up. I cant find the metal stand things which go on lamps that you put the shades on. I had put them aside for when I buy some new shades and two of the three have disappeared. I hope Julian did not throw them away with the shades we chucked out. I dont know how easy it is to buy them these days. One lamp is finished already, apart from a new shade, and Dorian is working on the other two.

Madeleine is up for pantomime at the Old Vic in January so I may well get some tickets for this.
I am still deciding on a birthday place. Dorothy tells me L'Escargot is not great and does not seem to fancy La Barca much. Madeleine tells me I must choose.

Met some great guys at Lye Torng. They have been commissioned by the council, presumably, to do some good looking graffiti on the inside of the walls of the play area, in order to deter the not very good tags already left there. One of them did a graffiti near old street of a creature coming out of a dustbin. He did it four years ago and though people had tagged around it no one had tagged over it. Recently he went back and found that the tags had been removed but his work left. He showed me a snap and it looked good fun. We had a conversation about art training, Banksy and the recent forgery by the man and his parents lately in the news, and all were rather in favour of this exposure of the art world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lose, choose

bag lady said...

Have adjusted the spelling.