Sunday 25 November 2007

Reading and Eating

Have now read A Village Diary and Gigi and the Cat. I saw the film Gigi when I was about 18 but had never read the book. I seem to have gone into permanent hibernation but must force myself to push the hoover around the house because Derek may be turning up at lunch time, and get myself into a suitable frame of mind for going to the theatre tonight, rather than continuing to vegetate in front of the TV. As the weather is rather cold, and all the soaps are on tonight I shall have to make a real effort.

Had a rather hearty breakfast of kippers, toast and marmalade with Lapsang tea. Malvolio has got into a bad habit of climbing onto the table, pretending to be nonchalant for a while, then advancing slyly towards my plate. I ignore him while putting objects in his way, but seem to remember to leave him some food which he eats when I put my plate on the floor. I suppose it is rather disgusting, but I read somewhere that cat's mouths are much cleaner than human ones.

No comments: