Wednesday 7 November 2007

Christmas is Coming

Romy is off to Spain today. I am at home - the noise from the wood saw etc. is amazing - I may need to take refuge in the Lye Torng later. Poor Bob took two and a half hours to get home yesterday and will leave earlier today in the hope of a shorter journey.

I have ordered some tree decorations in anticipation of Christmas, and will think bit more about coffee tables. I do however have a nice little Sutherland table which will do as a lamp and side table pro tem. I once gave this to some friends, but they nursed it for a couple of years when I was away and brought it back - and it is now turning out to be quite useful.

I have to post a few letters today and I am thinking about doing another card list and getting a start on this. I may also obtain some chrome spray paint. This really does give a chrome effect and since I have a rather kitsch 'Queen Anne' fire which I may be tempted to put back in my sitting room, I shall have a go at respraying it as it is a bit grubby looking. It was completely rewired before I bought it and looks rather good in a retro way when turned on - reminds me of toasting marshmallows or bread for tea with a toasting fork in the sixties. That was probably rather a dangerous activity - maybe we only did it with old gas fires rather than electric ones.

No comments: