Sunday 4 November 2007

Party On - South London Rules


Left Evon's party early at about 1.30 when everything was still pretty lively. Great to see her and Kate again and much alcohol was consumed by all. Evon had a pretty loud sound system and DJ and once fuelled by alcohol, there was plenty of dancing. It was Evon's 45th birthday which made me realise she wasn't much older than Dorothy, which I had not thought about before. A guy at the party started the usual north vs south London stuff when I said I lived at Elephant & Castle. I stoutly defended Elephant. I said that though Spitalfields etc was trendy, and becoming gentrified, there was a limit to who would want to live there because it was only near the City, whereas Elephant is on the doorstep of the West End which is much more exciting, and I rambled on about Borough Market, the Eye etc. before discovering he did not even live in London, but Hertfordshire, wherever that is.

No comments: