Saturday 10 November 2007

Old Room with New Floor

My black and white room idea has somehow evaporated, in that the red and blue Chechen carpet has been put back, my old pictures are on the wall again. The only different things are the white cupboard, table and chairs and the new sofa, arriving tomorrow, which will now have the sand coloured cover put on it to match the curtains instead of the white one.

The white curtains I ruined will have to be replaced and I need to get the coffee tables from John Lewis, as well as the black lamp base to go with the new Solarise lamp. Dorothy tells me that Julian absolutely hates the new lamp. I also may learn to hate it, but at the moment I love it. I am looking forward to the new sofa arriving, though not the time it is arriving, i.e. between seven and eight tomorrow morning. How vile.

I may still sell the Chech rug on Ebay and get another in black and white. IKEA have quite a cute one called Triangel in black and grey, though I was hoping to find something smaller, and maybe round. Grey and black is better than black and white, as I remember from the old classic design I bought from Habitat which was very difficult to keep clean when you are a slut.

No comments: