Friday 16 November 2007

Late Night and Solved Mystery

It seems that the Latin stuff is some standard bit of Cicero that graphic designers put into gaps to show how the printed material will look. A bit like 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogs' for typists. Dorothy was astounded that I did not know this, but not being a graphic designer I don't quite see the surprise here. Nice to think that someone thought I know everything.

Julian and Dorothy around for a bit last night. They bought some chicken and corn on the cob from Nando's and finished the bottle of Argentinian merlot I had opened earlier. This was quite good wine and one of the bottles Dorothy had purchased from the Decanter tasting. They bought some rather jolly Christmas lights, a sewing set and some place mats all purchased from Julian's second visit to IKEA. Julian has an interview on Monday afternoon which is promising. They admired my lovely cushion from Romy. We spent ages trying to decide on a restaurant for my birthday. As we would like Madeleine to come, maybe a Sunday would be better, and maybe even a Sunday lunch at Roast. We shall see. They also expressed interest in my idea of going to the pantomime at the Old Vic. This is Cinderella, script written by Stephen Fry, so should be quite witty. We thought we would go in early January close to New Year.

No comments: