Thursday 1 November 2007

New Table, Old Friend and Crabby Old Bat

On my recent trip to John Lewis I finally bought a table. Solidly made, painted white and 90cm square, it easily opens out to a large size, each end opening out independently. They will deliver it next Wednesday, so now I will swap my day off work from Thursday to Wednesday.

I also bumped into an ex fellow art student, Evon. She is doing a PGCE or something, some kind of teaching qualification which takes a year. She has in fact been teaching for some time, but now she needs this qualification to teach A level and Foundation courses. She invited me to drinks for her birthday on Saturday. Am trying to get hold of Kate, another fellow student so we can go together as I shan't know Evon's recent friends as I only see her about once a year. So little in touch that I have lost both their telephone numbers and have to rely on email, as though Evon is on Facebook, she apparently doesn't use it much.

Took some Hallowe'en table scattering thingies from John Lewis back to Dorian to sprinkle on his tables last night. There were little Happy Hallowe'en signs, small black spiders and orange pumpkins. However was definitely not in the right mood later and when the doorbell rang, irritatingly twice while I was staggering rather painfully upstairs , I had forgotten Hallowe'en and when faced by a small masked Trick or Treater, said 'no thanks' and shut the door in it's face. I really am getting old and crabby.

No comments: