Wednesday 7 November 2007

More Colours and Wood Floor Ideas

Have been looking at the Dulux colours. Purple infusion 1 seems quite similar to the colour, but not the same of course. Amethyst falls is another possibility.

I have been talking with Bob about the basement. He says that all the laminate would have to be removed and a damp proof chipboard put down. Then, the same wood could be used, but it is a big job. On the stairs - they could be done with a wider wood but the lower flight would require some hard work filling in the bits between the treads by using battens, but again, it would be possible. He would not be drawn on price but it sounds like a very large undertaking considering the amount of stuff which would have to be removed from each room and then removing all the current floors.

In my room there is a huge Louis bedhead and sides with a very heavy divan parked inside it, masses of books, chests of drawers, a huge wooden trunk, dressing table, wardrobe and several chairs. In fact it is quite hard getting in and out. Ditto for the spare room. I suppose if there was less stuff in there it could be transferred from room to room.

I think I shall settle for the painted hallway for the next year or so, then attack the bit of plastering and painting in my room.

I offered the remainder of the wood to my neighbour upstairs, but he had nowhere to store it so it will have to go.

No comments: