Wednesday 21 November 2007

Tatty Old Wooden Trunk Full of Historic Rubbish

Last night I examined the contents of the old wooden trunk and discovered:

An old Atari computer with several other electric looking things.
Four metal legs, obviously from some old piece of furniture.
A small keyboard.
An old vanity case full of beads and embroidery things.
Two wooden cigar boxes full of old receipts.
Several pairs of trousers and some T shirts ( presumably belonging to Dorothy and Julian)
Two large wooden boxes full of receipts and old bank cards (one from 1986) belonging to Dorothy.
A file belonging to Dorothy.

Since virtually none of it belongs to me I think I need to get Dorothy and Julian to come and clear it out, as I am certain there is absolutely nothing of any value there, unless the Design Museum are looking for an old Atari computer.

When the trunk is empty it needs sanding, and either polishing or painting, and deciding where it should be kept. I could use it to store some of my bedding, since I believe these old trunks were originally blanket boxes.

No comments: