Friday 9 November 2007

New Lampshade and Decorations


It was absolutely freezing outside today. Very sunny but with a very cold wind. I found Lauren's studio at Cockpit Arts and purchased my wonderful Solarise lampshade. We chatted about business a bit and she gave me a free sample - ideal as a coaster - of her snowflake illusion panel. It seems that this was first produced for a shop, then architects came to her with requests for different patterns including autumn leaves, which appear to float around.

I had a lunch at the Lye Torng before coming back to admire my floor again. It has a slightly disconcerting habit of very occasionally letting out a loud crack. It did that in the middle of the night once. Probably the wood settling in. I hope.

I have ordered some Christmassy tree decorations and other bits and pieces, and a few things for the newly refurbished room. At Really Linda Barker I got a wolfy looking throw at £15 reduced from £55 because I ordered over a certain amount of stuff. I thought it might help to protect the new white sofa. I have put a few black things, such as my African princess carving and a couple of baroque black candlesticks on the windowsill to see how a mainly white room with bits of black will look. Apart from all the gold framed mirrors etc I have had for years. I would quite like to assemble the John Lewis table which is in the hall, but it is very heavy and I would probably mess it up anyway. Ditto the four chairs and two cupboards. The sofa is arriving between 7 and 8am on Sunday.

No comments: