Wednesday 7 November 2007

Habitat and Christmas Tree

10.30 and Bob's gone for a coffee break. He is half way through the sitting room and it does look pretty impressive. He can't finish inside the cupboards because they are full of stuff which I can't manage to get out, but has cut the wood straight along and is going to make some edgings which Dorothy can bang in later, just in case we need to sell the flat and to make it look finished. His son is a graphic designer and works in Brick Lane doing the Habitat catalogues. I said he should invite him over to have a look at the floor!

I am beginning to feel a bit more relaxed about the whole thing, and looking forward to the furniture arriving on Sunday.

I am hoping that while I am away from 17th December, Julian and Dorothy will manage to get a tree, as I am sure they will all be gone by the time I am back and get a chance to go shopping on 23rd. If this is unlikely maybe I will buy a fake one, which seems to be de rigueur these days. If I did it would have to be a slimline one as the room is not large.

No comments: