Friday 23 November 2007

Lazy Old Bat

I have been tired all day because of my passport hunt and a sleepless night. I have avoided any action, apart from helping Julian a bit with some of the old trunk contents. We agreed to leave some stuff in there and Dorothy will be consulted about the Atari.

Lots of books arrived today so I have been vegging out reading. It was freezing outside or I would have looked for some lampshades in British Home Stores or John Lewis. Julian and I had a discussion about a possible Christmas goose stuffed with apples and sauerkraut which is a Nigella recipe. It sounds fine, but I suspect that in any event I shall be purchasing several pheasants and sticking them in the freezer. There was also a very good sounding recipe for a parfait, made basically by soaking prunes in armagnac and simmering them until the armagnac is absorbed, whipping some double cream and breaking up meringues, then chopping the prunes and stirring them in before freezing them. Thing is, Dorothy hates prunes, and Julian hates cream and meringue, so this may be a solo experiment performed for, and by, Bag Lady alone.

Have not heard from Miss Bettawear for ages. I think it was she who found the old Lampe Berger some years ago, must ask.

No comments: