Friday 9 November 2007

Tired and Emotional

Dorothy and Julian arrived at 9.15pm. By this time I had swallowed a generous glass of red wine to help relax. Dorothy managed to assemble the table quite quickly, but the cupboards took so long it was decided to do just one cupboard tonight. Julian put some of my handles on it, which looked quite good, then Dorothy put a chair together, which again took rather longer than anticipated.

The table looked enormous, so it was decided to push it into one of the alcoves, and put the now spare cupboard in the hall.

After Julian decided to put up the curtains I made the awful discovery that I had made one much too short, so we abandoned these and put up the old beige curtains, so when the sofa arrives we will put the beige cover on this too. At some time we will go back to IKEA and get more white curtains, plus a wicker storage box which Malvolio can strop his claws on.

At 12.45 they left and I went to bed.

No comments: