Sunday 11 November 2007

Sunday Afternoon and Evening

Had a cup of coffee and croissant and read the papers for a bit at Elephant & Castle. Then I strolled over to Lye Torng. On the way, they were filming a fashion shot of a black model in a thin black dress, with bare arms. It was very chilly and I got a bit of a fright as I went around the corner and saw her there, with a huge afro and with her huge false eyelashes and her lips painted completely white, shivering in the cold, and looking like a Black and White Minstrel from the fifties TV show. Rather politically incorrect I thought, as all the film crew happened to be white. Mind you, they were all too young to remember the show anyway.

Had a prawn Penang which was very good as usual while giggling a bit at the Hawkins catalogue I had received. This was full of all sorts of nonsense, such as stuff you put in the bath which changes the water to sticky gloop and you put a few drops of a special chemical to turn it back to normal water again. Tom said he'd like a few bottles to pour into his enemies' swimming pools. The remote control farting machine appealed to me as an oldie - where you locate the fart bit in a chair where your boss, or your nearest and dearest is going to sit. Then at the appropriate moment you secretly wield the remote control to let off various inappropriate noises.

Julian and Dorothy came around and put the sofa and footstool and another chair together and we eventually had dinner around my new table. I am afraid the Chech rug, nice though it is, will definitely have to go. I may buy one of the IKEA sheepskin things for Malvolio to tear apart.

No comments: