Monday 5 November 2007

Major Change of Flooring Plan

just had a call to say the carpenter is coming tomorrow! Apparently a client got the dates wrong so was not prepared for him to turn up! I shall have to reschedule things a bit. It was quite a shock as I had arranged everything around starting in the third week in November.

Fortunately Dorothy and Julian have done everything in the sitting room so the room is ready for him. I hope he will arrive really early to allow me to get to work as things are very busy at the office.

I am off work on Wednesday anyway because of the table arriving, and now, may have to take Thursday off, too. I had scheduled some time off later in November, so it is just a matter of swapping things around.

My careful shopping and arranging of deliveries has all gone a bit wrong because of this change, but hopefully, by the time IKEA deliver on Sunday, they may be able to deliver the stuff into the sitting room directly. Always hoping that the floor varnish is dry by then. Or there could be a bit of a major problem. If it all works it will be really good as the whole room can be finished in very good time.

No comments: