Tuesday 20 November 2007

Roberto and Lauren in France Finally, and Possible Hol for Me

Had an email from Mykel. He had been staying in Brittany with our youngest brother Roberto and his wife, Lauren. He sent some snaps of the happy couple outside their new bar rather inappropriately called La Bodega. They are going to change the name to something rather more French. Like me when abroad he had become rather excited by the goods in supermarkets and felt this was a bit tragic. I have to say I was more than excited when I found fresh tiny brown shrimps in a large supermarket in Lille, peeled and ready to eat.

Romy tells me we get a two for one on Eurostar to Lille or Brussels, something to do with visiting Bluewater. I cannot quite take this in, as half the UK population must be hopping over the channel weekly if this is so. Romy plans to go to Spain at the end of January or early in February for a few days. She has very kindly invited me if I can get away. Julian is happy to look after the evil Malvolio, so this might well be an option. I have not been able to get away at all this year, apart from taking the punters on holiday, which is rather like being on duty 24/7, so a complete break for a week or so could be the answer. I do feel however that Romy is always taking people to their place in Spain, and they should try and have a break for just the two of them. I should probably drive them batty. We shall see.

No comments: