Thursday 8 November 2007

Floor Finished, Julian Cross - Shall Get Drunk and Disorderly

Bob has just finished the last coat of varnish, I have paid him and he's gone home. He says he is willing to do some more work some time after the New Year, presumably at the same rate of £150 a day, though I imagine the stairs and downstairs will take a very long time, even if I clear out a lot of my possessions. I do wish I could be more frugal and make do with much less around me.

Julian won't come back to my flat again after clearing up all my rubbish last night, so I may have problems going away with the pensioners before Christmas after all, and I may now go away for Christmas Day. At least it will solve the tree problem.

Anyway I have had a peep at the sitting room and hall, both looking good with their second coat of varnish and I shall be able to go in there after seven tonight. I may celebrate and get absolutely drunk on my own tonight. A bottle of decent red wine definitely beckons.

No comments: