Thursday 29 November 2007

Boring Old Age

Trying to book a restaurant for my birthday dinner on Monday seemed impossible. Every half decent place was fully booked or had large office parties coming in, which I am anxious to avoid. I finally managed to get a table at Magdalen, a local place, but it is untried, so I am not sure about it. A Monday night right at the beginning of December has not been a problem in the past, but now, people seem to go out every night until Christmas.

I had huge amounts of paper to post to the Trustees in advance of our December meeting. Unfortunately I had not noticed that some of the agenda items were printed on both sides, and to complicate things even further, the pile of copying became stuck so only half was being printed. The result was that I was left with various piles of stuff amounting to thousands of sheets of paper and the whole thing was a complete mess. Fortunately a more organised colleague came to my assistance and we managed to sort out the mess into neat bundles in time to post the papers.

I am still in hibernating mode, and have been reading masses of Miss Read, jollied up in between by 'I must Confess' -Celebrity Tells All' - a novel written by a neighbour which was very funny indeed.

Romy has gone to Spain until next week. She will be back on Wednesday, and I forgot to mention that I am off until next Thursday but I shall ring her on Wednesday and let her know.
I really should try and get the lampshades I need and the coffee tables from John Lewis. Maybe I shall force myself out tomorrow. I also need some more Christmas cards and some stamps.

No comments: