Monday 26 November 2007

Credit Card Bureaucracy

I was trying to order some groceries from Ocado using a credit card due to a temporary financial embarrassment, when some wretched thing called Verified by Visa came up asking for passwords. I have had to cancel the whole transaction as I just cannot cope with getting even more passwords for cards, so it may be that my Ocado shopping experience is over. What I cannot understand is how I managed to order my Christmas shopping from them and pay successfully. Maybe it is because I paid by debit card knowing that they do not debit your account until just before they send the goods.

Life is really becoming far too complicated for me. I shall just have to keep opening tins in the cupboard until my salary cheque has cleared. Only a couple of days longer. Fortunately I shall be lunching somewhere I can pay by credit card today, though I have had no word from Derek so I shall just wait and see if he turns up. As I am waiting for a postal delivery this is no hardship. If he doesn't show I shall just open another tin. It looks very cold outside.

No comments: