Friday 16 November 2007

Identikit Men, Modern Life Painting and More Rubbish Out

I was outside the Hayward Gallery when I saw these guys on the bridge above. There were about 20 of them. At first I thought it was a school party, but as I got closer to take a snap I realised they were all men in identical black jackets and blondeish seventies looking wigs, being photographed by a snapper on the bridge before all moving off towards the Aldwych. Strange. Probably some ad.

Of course I finally made it to the Hayward, which gave me much more hope about my work. The large painting advertising the exhibition by Franz Gertsch was very eyecatching, and I still like Marlene Dumas as well as Martin Kippenberger and good old Gerhard Richter, an old favourite of mine. I shall just have to do larger paintings, but I am definitely on the right track. Must actually do some work. A New Year Resolution, perhaps?

I had a coffee upstairs at the Elephant and read Private Eye for a bit before a short lunch at the Lye Torng. I am now going through the piles of junk post always received at this time of year and have bought lots of extra large black rubbish bags to receive this.

No comments: