Saturday 22 March 2008

Bits and Pieces

I have just booked a train journey to Harwich to see Miss Bettaware for the weekend at the beginning of April. She is not certain that the show is on, since the promoters have failed to promote it, but in any case I am sure we will have a good time, and I have never been to Harwich.

Today I shall have to force myself to clean the silver, which is becoming blacker and blacker. I shall have to do considerable tidying, and may well make the navarin in advance, adding in the extra vegetables at dinner tomorrow. At least I now have the pie ingredients.

I enjoyed a cooked breakfast this morning: two rashers of drycure bacon, one brown egg, some mushrooms, a couple of tiny tomatoes, all with a couple of slices of toast made from my soda bread and a cup of Lapsang Souchong. Just had a taste of my new spelt soda bread. Very nice. I put a handful of oats in this, too.

Snow is predicted for tomorrow. When I was a child, my parents bought a caravan and we went away for Easter. The next day we awoke to find the caravan surrounded by snow. I think it may have been the first and last time we used it.

The silver is clean. I had to do it twice, but it's now fine.

Just had a bright idea for the punters. Some are housebound, and I had a DVD catalogue today which was full of old TV programmes and films, some real vintage things. I don't know how much DVD players cost, but anyway, I am sure Romy can have a look into some possibilities.

No comments: