Tuesday 4 March 2008

Exit Legs (Almost)

Finally saw the local quack about the tiresome leg. No offer of an orthopaedic opinion or further investigation. Apparently both legs can work perfectly well, then one leg gives up the ghost, and then, following the extra work it has to do, the other one does. Goodbye legs. I was given a prescription for some anti inflammatories and some gastric drug to counteract the side effects of the anti inflammatory drugs. As far as I know, there is no inflammation or swelling. It also occurred to me that if these drugs killed the pain I might make what I see as the injury, worse. Might try the osteopaths next. Was offered a couple of weeks off but I can sit around at work as well as I can sit around at home.

I shall amuse myself by considering buying a bungalow in the country and ordering a mobility scooter when the inevitable happens, sooner rather than later, it would seem, according to medical opinion. Some people get to have physio or see an orthopaedic surgeon. Must be my age I suppose. Family medicine really has gone downhill in this country. I seem to remember a distant period when we had a family doctor and home visits 'just to check we were OK'.

No comments: