Saturday 15 March 2008

The Morning After

So much for my resolutions. Even without cream, the trifle is delicious, so had two generous helpings last night. The lamb stew is good also and I will finish it today.

Met a woman from the SE1 website at the Lye Torng, she was meeting a new resident, a Pakistani accountant who was coming over after a game of squash. He had previously lived in the channels islands and was very shy. Another friend of hers turned up who was a nanny in West Square. We sat around and chatted for quite a while.

Dorothy rang to say they were coming to assemble the TV, but my neighbour wanted to come around and hear all about tellyland, and the weather was awful so they cancelled. My neighbour and I sat all evening drinking Prosecco cocktails and chatting. He goes to the theatre quite a lot, and gets tickets for a fiver from some charity source. He tells me that Southwark residents can get very cheap, maybe a fiver or so, tickets for the Old Vic if they take a recent gas or facilities bill. But the seats are right at the back at the top on a kind of bench with limited views. He is going to Speed The Plow which is apparently very good.

This morning I am a little jaded, but this did not prevent Malvolio from mounting a 6am offensive, and I am now covered in scratches.

No comments: