Friday 14 March 2008

Old Books, Old Cat and Old Fools

The great thing about Amazon is that you can do one click ordering. I sometimes think about books I read years ago which made an impression at the time and which are hard to get hold of now, and just get a cheap copy to check them out again. Like meeting old friends. Good value for most books anyway. I have just bought The Hill, all about Harrow friendships by Horace Annesley Vachell, and The Ship of Stars, by Quiller-Couch, both of which I read when I was extremely young. I managed to get a bargain copy of Nigella Bites, and can't wait to do the ham in coca cola, which is apparently absolutely delicious according to Romy.

Malvolio woke me up at 5.45am rather inconsiderately since it is a Saturday. I suppose I had better feed him. At least a new supply of food has arrived, including his favourite dry food, which he has missed for days.

We are still trying to sort out a reunion of kinds for the telly ten. So far we have fixed the date at Romy's suggestion for 1st April at lunchtime, but trying to decide on a restaurant. I am hopeless at decisions so have left this to others. Pity they are not keen to venture as far as the Boot and Flogger as it is such a great place and we love it. People still seem to have a difficulty with coming south of the river, though it is very near London Bridge.

No comments: