Monday 10 March 2008

Dull Day Off

Just made the pears in vanilla and maple syrup. You peel, core and half pears then simmer in water and sugar for about fifteen minutes then drain them and put in the oven for an hour after pouring maple syrup (about 4 tablespoons) and a couple of drops of vanilla over the top.You can turn them if you like. Serve cold with cream or ice cream. Very nice, but I will add a little cinnamon next time. Made quite a nice trifle with bananas and madeira cake soaked in a lot of alcohol including some Beaumes de Venise and some rum from my rumtopf. I shall be eating this for days. I must really make a one serving size when trying new recipes.

It is still pouring with rain outside and I have not been out to renew my bus pass. I seem to do nothing but cook or lie about watching TV and falling asleep.

No comments: