Sunday 9 March 2008

Modern Tellies and Champagne Cocktails

Madeleine tells me that her modern telly works with an indoor digital aerial costing £25 from Peter Jones. I shall try and discover the actual make and purchase one. When the TV arrives. I must sally forth and get the newspapers and hopefully, some black knee high socks from Marks.

I must be an alcoholic. I am really looking forward to some champagne cocktails when the angustura arrives. I even have some sugar lumps ready, and some brandy.Or maybe it is that it is so long since I had them, and it all reminds me of when I met my first husband in Paris when he was up at Oxford. We drank plenty of them then, but my real eye opener was one day at the Randolph in Oxford, when I had to meet him and some French millionaire types for 'lunch'. At the time I worked at the OUP and had a one hour break. We started to drink, and drink, then I had to apologise and go back to work after three or four champagne cocktails, missing lunch, which apparently started very late indeed and went on all afternoon into the early evening. I didn't get much done that afternoon.

No comments: