Sunday 2 March 2008

Nibby and Nasty Letter

Had a long chat with Nibby in Oz today. She is fascinated by Tellyland Tales and can't wait to see a vid of it all, though I have warned her that she may have to share her house in Oz with me once it is out. She gave me an excellent recipe for macaroons which I shall attempt in the near future, cooking them on little piles of almond powder because she can't get hold of rice paper, and piercing the tops alternately with almonds and little pieces of crystallised ginger. I may try this, and some other flavoured macaroons, such as lemon macaroons etc. We shall see.

I have had a strange communication from one Filter Parkes, of Indigo Property Solutions, at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3XX. The letter is headed "Re: Your forthcoming repossession hearing" and carries on with offers of advice and help to "allow you to stay in your home". Unbelievable. Good thing I am not of a nervous disposition. Mind you I shall check with my mortgage company on Monday, who have always had their full payments to date and never complained as far as I am aware. I suspect that this disgraceful company send mailshots on spec to unsuspecting householders and occasionally find one with a repossession hearing pending. I certainly don't expect to receive this threatening kind of mail and may take legal advice, as I consider that anyone of advanced age or with a medical condition could be at risk of a heart attack when opening such post.

No comments: