Friday 14 March 2008

Vile diet, Shopping and Bathroom Leak

Exciting! It's vegetable day today - but no sweetcorn or pulses. I have a sweet red pepper or two in the kitchen, some tiny tomatoes and some mushrooms, so I hope they will do. I seem to have put on 1lb since yesterday which is a bit strange, but will persist with the horrible diet. I suppose there is less cooking going on at least so the kitchen remains quite clean and tidy. Only the ritual reheating of the immense cauldron of soup and the awful cabbagey smell to annoy - I suspect that adding garlic was not a good idea but stuck a bit in because it is supposed to be awfully healthy - just realised I can pep up the vegetable day by eating some raw pickled garlic which is rather crunchy and not too awful when you get used to it.

I have shopping coming this morning, also a telly delivery, and also, probably this afternoon, some more food for Malvolio. I must get to the post office today or Monday to renew my bus pass.

I feel 100% improvement in my knee, though am a bit reluctant to write about this in case it tempts fate, but so far, so good. Me:1 Quacks:0.

I am such a shopaholic - bought a few summer clothes from yet another catalogue called Lands End. Looking at the catalogue which is American, it caters for the 'safe' clothes market. I shall gently age into beige.

I am also tempted to buy some of the more expensive Folio Society publications such as the facsimile Kelmscott Chaucer with £100 off but still a bit pricy at £195. A page is sent with the ad, and it really is rather splendid. I shall resist this temptation though. Particularly since the plumber is due to arrive this morning. I have been noticing a damp patch on the bathroom wall where the water comes into the bath for a while now. Something made me look at the ceiling on the room below, and yes, there is a nasty bit with cracks and dampness at the same level. I suspect the obvious leak will cost more than a pound or two to repair, annoyingly.

No comments: