Saturday 15 March 2008

Lamb Chops and Almost Instant Trifle

Found some lamb chops which I browned off and added with a chopped turnip, some more baby tomatoes and some mushrooms to the cabbage soup (now lamb stew). Tasted quite good but the chops were a bit tough so I am giving them another hour since they are meant to be soft. Added a couple of sprigs of mint which have worked well.

Feeling bored, and having a bit of stale madeira cake left, sliced this up, spread with raspberry jam, and put in my green glass fifties bowl. I then sliced a banana on top and added some of the rather dull looking but tasty and very boozy fruit from the rumtopf, first pouring copious amounts of the fruity rum into the bowl. I then put a packet of made up custard (all I had and reluctant to make any) on top and stuck it back in the fridge to await the purchase of some whipping cream I may crumble a few soft amaretti on it. I have decided I can't possibly eat this so shall take down to the pub for a general tasting, as the only way to get rid of it short of binning it - my childhood training stops me from doing this. Maybe I shall inflict it on my neighbour.

No comments: