Saturday 15 March 2008

TV Fears and Premature End of Cabbage Soup Diet

The TV is still sitting in its wrapping. I am afraid to open it in case it is broken. Also I need to get the best possible indoor aerial to make it work, and it probably needs some kind of setting up which I can't do. Apparently it is 19" and white, with Freeview. Frighteningly light, so I have put it on the sofa in the hope that if it is not broken already, it won't get knocked over here. I wonder if these modern TVs can sit on top of the DVD thing? No doubt all will be revealed eventually.

I gave up the cabbage soup struggle last night as the soup tasted more and more vile, so I eventually added some cheese to improve it. I was also getting unbelievable wind, and some slightly nasty pains in the gut. I shall finish the horrible stuff up today, but am breakfasting on Fru-Grains (recently rediscovered in a health food shop) followed by my home made soda bread to which I added some oats, with Frank Coopers Vintage marmalade. Hooray for some real food!

No comments: