Thursday 13 March 2008

Fruit, Soup and Trips

Have purchased some fruit since today is fruit and soup day. Also posted the afternoon tea voucher raffle prizes finally after buying some stamps. Hope the punters enjoy it. I would! I really should not think about an afternoon tea with lovely sandwiches, delicious scones with jam and cream followed by home made cake when I am starting the extremely tedious cabbage soup diet. Ah well....

Strangely, I have just been asked by my employers to obtain a medical certificate to say that I am fit to take the pensioners on holiday!! Good thing the punters don't have to get these, as we would then have to stop doing holidays altogether. I don't suppose any doctor would issue a blanket certificate and this will have to be arranged privately for each trip. Shall consult the quack. Not sure where this request is coming from since the company is insured anyway.

In addition, our November meeting which had been moved because of a Turkey and Tinsel break, has now been reinstated to the original date because some trustees were apparently concerned that 'the tail was wagging the dog'. Not sure if the staff are the tail, or the punters?? The holiday had been arranged since last August. I suppose I could rush back in a cab from Hayling Island for the meeting since I have been told that my presence is definitely required (though my predecessor missed a few meetings to my certain knowledge when she took holidays) or we can try and find a suitable person to employ to help Romy, as two helpers at least are definitely needed on these trips. I shall investigate further. I have to say I am rather relieved as these breaks are very hard work, just concerned for Romy, who has to leave not only her cat, but also her husband behind in order to provide this much appreciated service. I suspect that many of the punters simply would not feel they could have these breaks without the reassurance that staff are there to provide help and support with any unforeseen problems.

Looking forward to our meeting this afternoon. No sign of my cleaner yet today, maybe she is doing a late session. Must change the sheets and arrange the fruit in a bowl. My life is like watching paint dry.

No comments: